Had a crap Monday or still having a crap Monday? Don’t worry, I’ve got 10 quotes by some pretty funny authors that are sure to put a smile or two on your lips!
I know that a smile may not erase the day you’ve been through/going through, but even a small smile holds a surprising amount of power. It might just keep the gloomy Monday feeling at bay for a minute or two and that must surely count for something!
So forget your Monday blues for a moment and let these great statements by some truly hilarious people brighten your day a bit.
1. “The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated”. – Mark Twain
2. “I’m spending a year dead for tax reasons.” – Douglas Adams
3. “People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do” – Isaac Asimov
4. “Teeth are always in style.” – Dr. Seuss
5. “Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.” – Terry Pratchett
6. “One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” – A. A. Milne
7. “Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Life – and I don’t suppose I’m the first to make this comparison – is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal.” – Neil Gaiman
- “A poet can survive everything but a misprint.” – Oscar Wilde
- “People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” – Stephen King
What’s your favourite funny quote, and which author can usually put a smile on your face? Is there even an author who can make you laugh out loud? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!